Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Installation - Step by Step Guide
What is Microsoft Windows Server 2019?
Windows Server 2019 is the latest version of the Windows Server server operating system by Microsoft, as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems, developed concurrently with Windows 10 version 1809 - Excerpt from Wikipedia
Firstly, boot the Windows Server 2019 setup file and select the language, time and currency format and keyboard type. Click Next
2. Press the ‘Install now’ button to start the installation wizard of Windows Server 2019 operating system
3. Choose the desired Server Operating System version you want to install. Click Next
Standard edition - is designed for small-to-medium-sized organizations that need no more than two instances of the server software in a virtual operating system.
Datacenter edition - is optimised for large-scale virtualization; its license allows one server to run an unlimited number of Windows Server instances.
Desktop Experience - includes the graphical user interface or GUI with the full package of tools for Windows Server 2019.
Core - includes most of the standard server roles without the GUI and many other support features that aren't required by most common applications.
4. Check to confirm that you accept the license terms and click Next.
5. Choose the custom installation option and it will proceed to the next step
6. Select New to create a new partition or choose an existing partition to install Windows Server 2019. Click Next
7. Wait until the installation completes.
8. The Windows installation will restart the machine automatically after the timer finishes. You can force the restart by clicking Restart now
9. After the restart, you have to enter a password to the local ‘Administrator’ account
(Make sure to provide a strong password that will be hard to hack)
10. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to unlock and proceed to the login screen. Enter the Administrators password and click the arrow next to the password or press Enter key on the keyboard.
11. You have now successfully installed Microsoft Windows Server 2019 CONGRATULATIONS..!
Start exploring the Windows server 2019 by clicking on the Start button.